Note: This warranty policy is effective to vehicles distributed by Mitsubishi Motors Vietnam Co. (MMV) with sold date from April 11th, 2016 onward.
1.FREE WARRANTY FOR NEW VEHICLE
MMV warrants that any item of BASIC WARRANTY ITEMS and SPECIFIC ITEMS (please refer to COVERED ITEMS) of the new vehicle manufactured or distributed by MMV (hereinafter called “New MMV Vehicle”) which proves defective under normal use and maintenance and within the warranty period applicable to such part will be repaired or replaced free of charge by any MMV authorized dealer.
2. WHAT IS COVERED
(1) COVERED ITEMS
BASIC WARRANTY ITEMS and SPECIFIC ITEMS which are parts of the new MMV vehicle other than those items listed in “NOT COVERED ITEMS” are warranty covered items.
(2) WARRANTY PERIOD
- Warranty period starts from when this new MMV vehicle is first delivered to original purchaser as set forth on the “Memorandum of Registration” (hereinafter called the “Warranty Start Date”.)
- BASIC WARRANTY ITEMS, which are parts of the new MMV vehicle other than “SPECIFIC ITEMS” and those items listed in “NOT COVERED ITEMS” are warranted for the first 36 months or 100,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, from the “Warranty Start Date”.
- SPECIFIC ITEMS, consist of:
• The original equipped audio equipment (Radio, CD, DVD, monitor) is warranted for the first 36 months or 100,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, from the “Warranty Start Date”
• The original equipped battery is warranted for the first 12 months or 20,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, from the “Warranty Start Date”.
3. WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
(1) NOT - COVERED ITEMS:
SPECIAL TRANSACTED ITEMS
SPECIAL TRANSACTED ITEMS such as Tyre, tube, Parts & equipment which are not installed by MMV are not covered under this warranty but by the manufacturer concerned of each such part:
EXPENDABLES such as Air cleaner elements, Oil filter elements, Fuel filter elements, Drive belt (excluding timing belt), Spark plug (excluding Platinum or Iridium tipped type plug), Clutch facing, Brake pad and Brake lining, Wiper blade, Fuse, Lamp bulb (other than Sealed-Beam/Halogen lamps and Discharge lamps), Other expendable parts are not covered under this WARRANTY
LUBRICANTS AND OTHERS
Materials such as oils, fluids, grease, coolant, refrigerant, electrolyte, fuel are not covered under this WARRANTY.
(2) NOT - COVERED DAMAGE OR CONDITION:
This warranty does not cover:
NORMAL WEAR OR TEAR, DETERIORATION AND ACCIDENT/DISASTER
- Fair wear and tear of any part, normal maintenance service items.
- Normal deterioration or damage to plated parts paint coat, rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim.
- Damage caused by external influences such as chemical pollution, acid rain, traffic accident, hail, sand, salt, stones, fire or disasters.
IMPROPRIATE MAINTENANCE, USE OR MODIFICATION
- Damage caused by insufficient or improper maintenance, using parts, material and lubricant not approved by MMV and being repaired or replaced by any intity other than MMV or MMV authorized dealers.
- Damage in cargo body or cargo cabin by loading.
- Damage caused improper handling, misuse or use of the new MMV vehicle under unusual conditions.
- Damage caused by modifications to the new MMV vehicle.
- Minor irregularities not affecting quality, performance or function of vehicle or parts thereof (e.g. slight noise or vibration).
- Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use of the new MMV vehicle, loss of time, loss or damage to personal property or commercial loss or loss of revenues.
- Any new MMV vehicle for which the odometer reading has been altered so the mileage cannot be determined.